Friday 9 April 2010

BlockOut II


There's not much going on in here lately so I want to recommend a game I have been playing for over 15 years. It's called BlockOut and it's simply a 3D Tetris clone. I used to play the Atari ST version (which was the best in my opinion) but a few weeks ago I found that there is a new version called BlockOut II. The remake is almost the same as the original version. However there are a few differences. In the BlockOut II the "skull level" is a bit slower than the original and... there is an online hall of fame! It's kind of a world league. You can submit your score, view all the scores available online directly from the game (there is an option in the menu) or via the web site. You can comment all your scores and view a replay of any game submitted to the online hall of fame (good way to learn how to play).

You can download the game from its home site: http://www.blockout.net/blockout2/index.php. BlockOut II can be run under Linux and Windows. The source code is available so is the AmigaOS port.

I play the game in 3x3x18,FLAT mode and I can proudly say I'm on the 47 place now with 355606 points :-) There is one thing you have to keep in mind before you start. BlockOut is extremely addictive!

No comments:

Post a Comment